Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Welcome to our new blog! If you have not figured it out by now, Christopher and I got married! It was the most amazing day of our lives, and it was so special.  We were married on September 14, 2013 in the Draper Utah Temple.  Here are the events leading up to it and of that day...

On the Wednesday before our wedding, my Mom, Dad, and little sister flew to Utah. I was so happy that my family got to attend, it meant the world to me.  On Thursday, I went with my parents and Nell to go grocery shopping for the reception. We bought a TON of food, which turned out to be quite delicious.  Later that evening, I had the amazing opportunity to go to the temple and receive my endowments.  I got to share that special experience with Christopher, my parents, his parents, my sister and brother-in-law, his sister and her husband, and his grandparents. Then, Friday rolled around and we went to work! We began to set up for the reception on Friday which was a mix of fun and stressful! Also on Friday, the rest of Christopher's extended family started to come in, and my older sister Hillary and her cute little daughter Natalie flew in!  Both my family and his family were extremely helpful in getting the back yard ready for the reception. That evening I went to get my nails done with my sisters, our mom, and our niece.  We all got pedicures, and our fingernails done. That was so fun! After we got our nails done we went to Whitney's apartment and met up with the Olsons! I love seeing the Olsons, and was so grateful they got to come down for our wedding. Also that night, Christopher and some of his family members went to a Bee's baseball game, which I hear they had a lot of fun at.

WEDDING DAY! I woke up early Saturday morning to go get my hair done! My amazing hairstylist, McKinsey, did an AMAZING job on my hair. She is genius! While she was doing my hair, my sisters came and curled their hair at the salon. We returned to Whitney's apartment and continued to get ready, and then off to the temple! Christopher was already there when I got there.  I was so happy to see him! We got everything ready and were sealed for all time and eternity in the Draper Utah Temple. After we were sealed, I put on my wedding dress and we walked out together to see all of our families and friends waiting outside for us. It was, hands down, the most incredible day of our lives filled with the Spirit and so much love for each other.

We took pictures for a little while and then headed to Christopher's parents house in Sandy to start getting ready for the reception.  Everyone pulled together and decorated for the reception that was held in his parents' back yard.  Everything turned out wonderfully, and it looked like just how I envisioned it. The reception started at 6 and people started to come right away.  Christopher spent our whole night talking to people as they came in but there was food, cornhole, horseshoes, dancing, games, and people to mingle with. We did have two dances, our first dance to "Me and You" by Kenny Chesney and the daddy/daughter and son/mother dance to "I Loved Her First" by Heartland.  Around 9 pm we left the reception and drove away in our heavily decorated car.

We stayed at a beautiful hotel that night called The Monoco in Salt Lake City, and left for Las Vegas the next day.  The next day we stayed in the Luxor Pyramid in Las Vegas which was so cool. The next day we set out for California where we went to the beach and Disneyland!

Needless to say we will NEVER forget our wedding day and were so grateful for everything that was done for us.  We are more in love now than we have EVER been and are having so much fun being Mr. and Mrs. Welcker.  I hope to keep up on this blog regularly, so expect another post soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment